Wei strive to use your personal information ('personal data' or 'your information') responsibly and to keep it safe.
- We never sell e-mail addresses and we will not share your information with third parties except for the provision of our services (with safeguards) or when we have an obligation to do so;
- Your information will not be linked to any survey material or statistics which we may share with third parties;
- We will only use your information for the operation of services you have chosen for your benefit;
- We will limit how often we contact you, and you can restrict this;
- We will only use tracking numbers entered (which you confirm you are entitled to useii) to provide you with tracking movements of your parcels, to validate survey responses or for system improvement and we will not share this information.
ParcelSpace Ltd (formerly Parcel Delivery Research Ltd)i stores and processes your personal data under applicable laws and regulations. The Company is a Data Controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, and is registered with the UK Information Commissioner under registration number Z2272558.
What personal data will we use?
- Your name and e-mail address or other login and registration information;
- Information about your visits to our website;
- Your address and contact details provided to PayPal if purchasing user credit;
- Legal name of your business, country of residence and VAT Registration Number if purchasing user credit on behalf of a business resident in the EU; and
- Any other personal data you provide to us in other communications for any reason.
Who will we share your personal data with?
- We may give third party providers who supply services to us, or who process information on our behalf, incidental access to your personal data but we will always take steps to assess the adequacy of their security measures to protect your information.
- We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process, to protect our property and rights or the property and rights of a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we consider to be illegal or unethical.
How will we use your personal data?
- To fulfil services you have requested from us;
- To respond to your communications and possibly to survey information you have provided;
- To inform you of significant changes to our services; and
- To comply with our legal and ethical responsibilities.
Tracking numbers will not be linked to your personal data except in order to contact you about the movement of the parcels to which they relate. We will only use tracking numbers entered (which you confirm you are entitled to useii) to provide you with tracking movements of your parcels, to validate survy responses or for system improvement and we will not share this information.
How secure is your personal data
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your personal data. Amongst our electronic safeguards, we use a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) connection on pages on our website containing sensitive information; this provides an encrypted connection of up to 256 bits (browser dependentiii) between your computer and our website.
How can you check and change how your personal data is used?
The majority of your personal data is accessible in your user account. You may contact us in writing to obtain a copy of the information we hold about you, on payment of a statutory fee which is currently £10. Before we agree to this, you must provide sufficient evidence of your identity.
We would like to inform you about changes to our services from time to time; you may choose to opt out when you sign up and on each such update (by email or social networking) we send.
Please let us know using our contact page if you have any preferences for or queries about how we use your personal data.
Transfer of personal data
We currently send out e-mails through a supplier based in the European Economic Area (EEA). We have obtained assistance from a company in the USA to send e-mails and we retain them as an alternative supplier; we have carefully selected a company which complies with the US Safe Harbor rules and with data protection law in the EEA. We do not expect to transfer your personal data outside the EEA except in the transmission of some e-mails to you if you are based within the EEA or in all contacts with you if you are based outside the EEA. If we share any survey material or statistics to organisations outside the EEA, this data will be anonymous and will not be linked to any personal data.
i ParcelSpace Ltd (formerly Parcel Delivery Research Ltd), 'we', 'us', 'our' or the 'Company'.
ii Under our terms and conditions, you must confirm that tracking numbers you enter are for parcels for which you are, or are acting on behalf of, the sender, the recipient or someone properly involved in the delivery process. We have listed terms specifically relating to tracking which some carriers impose on the use of their tracking systems in paragraph 5 of our Terms of Service.
iii The encryption level is dependent on the level supported by your browser, and is only less than 128 bits for some browsers over ten years old.